Don’t mess with America’s Ellen DeGeneres
I adore Ellen DeGeneres. She’s gentle, kind, funny, cute, authentic, honest. I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about her.
As you might imagine then, I was just a wee bit pissed off when One Million Moms (all 40,000 of them) made a big stink last week about JC Penney hiring Ellen as their spokesperson. The sanctimonious Moms, who were offended that Ellen is a lesbian, ended up with egg on their hateful little faces and a whole lot of it also splattered on America’s right-wing religious nut-jobs.
Scott Wooledge, over at the Huffington Post, said it all so much better than I ever could. Do check out his piece if you want to see the Moms appropriately sliced and diced. America’s reaction to their bigotry made me proud and renewed my hope what’s always been good about Americans … still is.
- JC Penney is sticking by Ellen DeGeneres (pinkbananaworld.com)
- JC Penney reveals customers’ show of support for Ellen DeGeneres (guardian.co.uk)
- LGBT Activists Organize Buycotts For JC Penney In Support Of Ellen (thinkprogress.org)
- Ellen DeGeneres Stays On with JC Penney – to the Dismay of One Million Moms (celebs.gather.com)
- Bloggers Launch a JCPenney Shop-In To Support Ellen DeGeneres, Tolerance (blogher.com)
- JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson: ‘Ellen Shares the Same Values We Do’ – VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Ellen DeGeneres Reacts To JC Penney Controversy (5min.com)
- Ellen DeGeneres Fires Back at J.C. Penney Protesters (newsy.com)